Lock Cover Installation
Each cover comes with a paired magnetic mount to be installed inside your camper around the lock. Installation is quick.
1. Hold the lock in place or tape it from the outside while removing the screw. Simply unscrew the bracket holding the lock inside the camper.
2. Place the magnetic mount over the lock with the magnet bumps facing the inside of your camper.
3. Screw the bracket back onto the lock and the magnetic mount should now be held in place.
4. Close the panel on your camper and close the latch.
5. Place the cover over the outside lock and the magnets should pull it tight. Note: Moisture can become trapped under the cover and still freeze. Be sure to dry any moisture on the lock, around the lock, or on the lock cover before placing the cover over your locks.
Caring For Your Lock Covers
We designed the lock covers to help prevent locks from freezing during the colder months. To extend the lifetime of your lock covers, we recommend uninstalling all magnet mounts and covers during the warmer months of the year. High temperatures may damage the cover material and magnets.
WARNING! To prevent potential damage to vehicles and to your lock cover, we recommend removing the lock covers and store them when your vehicle is in motion. Remember to store them somewhere they won’t damage anything sensitive to magnets.
Please remember, dropping 3D printed items can cause damage to them. If they are dropped, inspect them for any damage before using.
After every use:
1. Inspect the rubber weather strip seal. This seal can come loose from it’s channel. Use your fingers to massage back into place.
2. Inspect the lock cover for any cracking or other damage. If the plastic becomes damaged, the magnets could be lost, exposed, or damaged.
3. Inspect the magnet mounts for any cracking or other damage. If the plastic becomes damaged, the magnets could be lost, exposed, or damaged.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Moisture can enter the lock cover and the area around your lock when you remove the lock cover from your camper. For best results, dry the area around your lock and the weatherstrip seal side of your lock cover before placing the lock cover back on your camper.